Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Fun!

We have had a lot of fun this summer with Miss Ella!  Over the 4th of July weekend we went down to Houston...I miss Houston terribly; I miss the myriad of great restaurants & things to do, health food stores and most of all I miss my wonderful friends who are still there.  So, I really wanted to get Ella down to H-town & introduce her to the dirty south and all our friends there. 

We went out to dinner with some wonderful friends, we actually all got married within a few months of each other last year.


We had a great time catching up & everyone got a chance to love on Ella.  Exciting to hear about the new accomplishments in their lives....never hurts to have a lawyer & a lawyer/judge on your side!!! 





After a great dinner we got back to our hotel room just in time for Ella to watch the fireworks at the Juice Box aka Minute Maid Park.  She was mesmerized!

The next day we had a great brunch with more friends, some good ol Nazarene folk whose baby boy is 4 months older than Ella.  Then headed south to stay with some friends from Norman who have since moved to Houston.  We had a great time just visiting and seeing their kids be so sweet to our little girl.  Wish we could have hung out with them longer.  I miss the long chats around the kitchen table.  Ella had a blast and was spoiled by Janice & Cha Cha, she also got to go swimming for the first time and LOVED it.  I was a little less thrilled about being in a bathing suit, luckily it was a judgement free zone! 





We've also spent some time this summer with my dearest friend & her kiddos, see this post, and loved seeing Bay Hope playing with Ella, she loved watching the big kids and apparently got a pretty good kick out of Jett. 


Ella still has a trip to Maryville & KC ahead of her this summer before we hunker down and prep for the start of football season.  Hope you enjoyed the update & the pictures.  If we haven't made it to see you I'm sure Ella will be in a town near you soon.  Until then.....hugs from the Courters!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment