I love being Ella's mom. It is all I dreamed being a mom would be and I wouldn't change it FOR A SECOND. But let's be honest, being a parent is hard.....harder than I imagined. I think it's hard at every stage; from squishy tiny human stage to "can I borrow your car" stage and beyond. (I can hear you seasoned parents giggling at my epiphany) Thank Goodness I have God's grace to get through each day, there is NO WAY I could do this whole, raising a human thing without Him. Lest we forget the awesomeness & the suckyness of the current season of our life, here is a snapshot of our lives these days!
AMAZING PARTS!
* Ella is fully mobile & loves to climb! (some days this goes in the SUCKY category)
* Our girl is talking! Words she says are: "Mama", "Dada", "NO" (usually "Um, no."), "Oh wow", "Uh Oh", "Kitty", "Drink". One of the cutest things is when she says "Mama" really loud and then kind of whispers "Dada"
* Ella loves to help! Her favorite ways to help are; putting her dirty clothes in the laundry, turning off lights, picking up her toys before bathtime (this is a fight some days but usually she enjoys it), shutting doors and gates, locking the front door and putting clothes in the dryer
* She is signing the words "please", "more", "thank you" & "down" . I have noticed a decrease in her frustration level since she learned these signs. My frustration level has also decreased! :) She also really enjoys doing the flashcards with mommy.
* Ella loves to read! One of the most wonderful parts of the day is when she walks over and grabs a book from the pile and turns around.....she has the biggest smile as she walks back to me, so proud of herself. It's one of those moments I want to bottle up and keep forever.
* She is VERY MUCH her own person! She likes things that are not things she has seen Scott or I enjoy...she just genuinely likes them. Her favorite things are currently: anything pink, SHOES!, big trucks, car commercials, and did I mention she really likes shoes??
* Her favorite TV show is Bubble Guppies, she even does a dance when it comes on, she gets so excited. She also loves Pajanimals and the movie Finding Nemo. Yes, I am fully aware that the American Academy of Pediatrics says No TV Until Age 2. That is awesome & I would LOVE to follow that (she only gets about 20 minutes of TV a day, max) but if I want to get a shower or make dinner, she gets to watch Bubble Guppies. I've tried calling Pediatricians offices to see if they will come watch her so I can cook or shower, but no one seems to be willing....so alas, she gets some TV.
* Ella's favorite things are Fanny, her stuffed monkey and her burpie. Every single morning when Ella wakes up, she looks for Fanny. When people come to the house, she runs to Fanny and shows them her best friend....almost an introduction.
* Ella loves animals.....ALL animals.
* Our sweet girl has a kind heart & a feisty spirit. I pray she keeps both.
SUCKY PARTS
* Fit throwing. Now, it doesn't happen that often, but when it does, it blows.
* Having to hurt her feelings when I discipline her. I HATE hurting her feelings but I'm her parent, not her bestie. My prayer is that if I do the former well enough, the latter will happen on it's own.
* Not having any free help. My brother is the only family we have close and he helps us, but he also works A LOT! I can't imagine how much easier it would be if we had grandparents or siblings that lived even an hour or two away!!! That is not our life though, so we make do!
* Not having the time or money to all the things we want to do with her, and make all the memories we want to.
So, that's our crazy life......and I wouldn't change it for anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment