Sunday, February 27, 2011

Counting down & getting ready...

We are 36 weeks pregnant and feel like we're in the home stretch!!  Baby Courter's room is close to being finished and we are planning on getting the rest of the items we need by Saturday.  So, hopefully by next weekend we will be all set and ready for this little monkey to make his/her big debut!!  Scott got the car seat base installed so we are ready in case this little human grows too impatient and decides to come early. 

We are working on getting our furry kids ready for the new arrival.  They have thoroughly sniffed the bassinet and car seat and tonight we took our first walk with Fanny, George & the stroller.  Prior to his training at K9U Georgie would bite the tires on parked cars so we were wondering how he would do with the stroller.  He was awesome, almost protective.  He heeled well and stayed right next to the stroller as Scott walked him and pushed the stroller.  Fanny was less than thrilled that we took the stroller with us; she acted like her feelings were hurt.  Toward the end of the walk she was doing better so we are confident that by the time the baby comes she will be okay with the family walks.  As much as she loves kids we're sure after a period of adjustment she will do just fine....especially when she realizes that the tiny human drops lots of food!

Well, we did get some interesting news at our doctors appointment on Monday.  Our doctor said that it looks like baby will be a solid 8 pounder!  We were really expecting a 6 or low 7 pounder.  We don't have an appointment this week (unless something happens) and then start next week with weekly doctors appointments.  It's hard to believe that our monkey will be here in just a few weeks!!  

I am getting HUGE!  Others are being very nice saying things like "you're all belly" but I own mirrors so I know the truth.  The swelling in my legs and the soreness in my wrists are annoying but not huge issues.  I'm still very much on a milk binge, I went through 2 gallons this week....maybe the reason for the giant baby.  I'm finding it hard to eat without being miserable afterward and I can use a lengthy nap at any point during the day.  I'm finding it difficult to get up off the couch without grunting or help from Scott and sleeping for more than a few hours at a time has become a battle.  The most current pregnant irritation is waking up in the night and finding both my arms are numb.  Apparently this is very common during pregnancy but it's one of those things that no one tells you about.  Scott is finding it helpful to get all the small things around the house done.

 Scott putting the crib together!




35 weeks and getting bigger by the second




Well, the next post may be the one announcing the newest Courter.....so stay tuned!! 

1 comment:

  1. Well, lady, I would have to agree that you are all belly!!! Your legs are still skinny! But yes, I know how you feel completely!!! And yes, all those things are bringing back memories of my pregnancies. I didn't get the swollen legs or feet but everything else, the numbing (which I thought was weird too)....all that! So excited for you guys!!

    OH and if you plan to nurse, Soothies are the BEST EVER!!!!!! They only had them when I nursed Jordan (they didn't make them yet with the first 2) but they are WONDERFUL! :)

    ReplyDelete