40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
*emphasis is mine*
First my thoughts went to my families' current situation. Always thinking about myself first. My eyes locked in on "And establish my steps." I just thought "yes. YES LORD! Please establish my steps through this move, this marriage, this life!" I probably read that line a hundred times if I read it once. Then I went into mommy-mode and the verse and the power it holds was forgotten in the diapers, the house-selling worry, and the chores.
Today I read my Bible study. It was talking about God being a loving father, who wanted to run to us and wanted us to cry out to him with the desires of our hearts. So I did. I told him how I wanted my family under the same roof, I told him how I just wanted to stay home with Ella and my Mom & enjoy this season of our life and not have to work or worry about bills. Man I was specific, I even told him how he could do it....."just like $200,000 in the lotto Lord". I'm an idiot sometimes. But my heart went another direction....it led me back to Psalm 40.
I read it again.
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
*emphasis is mine*
This time I thought about the 27 families in Connecticut. (yes I included the shooters family). I thought of all those broken hearts. I
can't think of a better description of what those families might be
going through than being stuck in miry clay in a horrible pit. That
really paints a picture doesn't it. Grief so thick, so suffocating that
it's like clay holding you in a HORRIBLE pit.....because a regular pit
isn't bad enough.
I thought how many of us have shed tears and how there has been finger pointing and gnashing of teeth on Facebook. Gun debates. Prayer in School debates. I thought of how I was made fun of, and called "ridiculous" for my belief that chasing God out of our schools with a stick was probably not a smart move.
It made me think of this beloved country too....it sure feels like we are stuck neck deep in some miry clay in a horrible pit too doesn't it? Christians are being made fun of, mocked for crying out to God, our "leaders" couldn't find the broad side of a barn if their life depended on it and we can't find 10 people who agree on anything from gun control to taxes.
I tell you this though. We have hope. We have HOPE! We don't have to be stuck anymore.
40 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.
2 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
3 He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
*emphasis is mine*
He will hear our cries, He will establish our steps, He will put a new song in our mouths and here is the great part.....MANY WILL SEE IT AND FEAR AND WILL TRUST IN THE LORD!!!!
Now if that doesn't sound amazing I don't know what does. We can't be silent anymore, we have to sing the new praises God puts in our hearts. Otherwise nobody will hear it. Here is how I'm starting. This humble blog post. I hope I hear the new song in your heart in the days and weeks to come. He wants to bring us out of the miry clay in the horrible pit. He wants to ESTABLISH OUR STEPS. Lord knows I need that. This country needs that. Those families in CT need that.
Praise to our God!
I LOVE how you let HIM speak to you!!! OUR GOD longs for us all to get the simple truths that are so easy to SEE in HIS WORD! May HE Establish ALL of our steps!
ReplyDelete